Monday 7 February 2011

What's the Diff?

So I've toyed with the idea of creating a music blog for a while and I've finally decided that its time.

'What's the Diff?' is a radio show on XpressRadio.co.uk every Friday from 7-9 hosted by myself and close friend Nicky (Beatotter). But more so than that, it is a concept. Based in Cardiff, 'Whats the diff?' sets about discovering musical talent and finding out exactly what it is Cardiff stands for. The D'n'B and Dubstep scenes have been well established in Cardiff for several years but there is an increased emergence of alternative genres and styles that I hope will soon become more common place.

I hope that this blog will be able to play some part in pushing new music and if nothing else at least be an enjoyable read/listen for people as passionate about music as me.




To get things started off below is a house/funky mixtape I made last week that encapsulates some of my musical tastes at the moment.

Babosas de la Noche by dj_dontyste

1. Mikix The Cat ft. Shannon - The Key (Kingdom Remix)
2. The Phantom - Night Game (Hackman Remix)
3. Jam City - Trails
4. Crazy Cousins - Bongo Jam (L-VISS 1990 & Bok Bok Refix)
5. Julio Bashmore - Chazm
6. Expendable Youth - Cannibalistic (LOL Boyz Remix)
7. Rita Indiana - Los Poderes (Kingdom Remix)
8. Julio Bashmore - Batak Groove
9. Brenmar - Back Beating
10. Project Bassline - The Twelfth Step (Mele Alt Remix)
11. The XX - Shelter (C.R.S.T. Remix)


No comments:

Post a Comment